This month, I'm going to Blog Like Crazy through Birmingham's See Jane Write blogging group. Our fearless leader Javacia has once again challenged us to blog daily for the entire month of November. Last year, after reading ten or eleven days' worth of amazing posts, I was itching to write my own, and this blog was born. In honor of the month's beginning, here are my five blogging resolutions:
- Hustle. This month, I will actively work to grow my freelance writing clientele base. I will target new clients more intelligently and efficiently, even after a few rounds of unanswered queries. I will pitch more and write more as I prepare for the future.
- Use my time wisely. I'm a master of lists, but I'm also easily distracted. Scheduling my writing, running and reading will create accountability and explicitly lay out my work time and free time.
- Take time for self-care. It may not be a session with a professional masseuse or personal trainer, but exercising and being still now receive designated spots in my calendar. With bartending, tutoring and writing stretching me thin, it's absolutely imperative that I make time to unplug.
- Loosen up. Last week, it was brought to my attention that I'm pretty serious which can translate into people thinking I'm unapproachable. As a bartender, that's not acceptable. I'm hoping to loosen up by lessening my stress levels through items 3 and 4. If not, I'll find another way.
- Show more love. I have the most amazing support system -- to whom I rarely reach out. This month, I'm going to contact some of those people to let them know how much they mean to me. I've already tried to start doing so with Adam, and want to actively continue that trend through this month.